Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shoot Today: Fun Fun!!!

First of all, you should hear Harlem right now. Cars honking and people shouting in the streets. Complete madness! Reed cooked a really nice dinner tonight and we were enjoying some wine when the election was called, so we grabbed the bottle and ran up to the rooftop and watched it all unfold. It's crazy out there!

Today I had so much fun at my photoshoot! It was a spec shoot for a hair editorial that will hopefully be popping up in a magazine soon. The concept was really edgy and avant garde, kind of an eighties, angry vibe to it. I showed up at 10am and sat down for the hair and makeup. The hair was caked in hair products and slicked into different shapes. The look was a bit dark with highlights of different colors of light. To get the light to illuminate the skin in an interesting way they covered my face, neck and shoulders with baby oil. I was so greasy! Each look had a different pop of color. The first one I had a pink stripe under my left eye with white on the eyelid, the second had teal on the eyelids, and the last shot had bright blue lips. It was pretty intense. For each shot the photographer had me twist my shoulders into intersting positions and crank my neck in a strange angle then then we went for the emotion. Angry! Scowling and clenched jaws and angry stares. It turned out to be really interesting and I can't wait to share the photos. I'll find out in about a week which, if any, magazine picked up the story. If nothing else it will add some diversity to my book. It was just fun to play around with an edgy look today.

I should be getting the photos from my shoot on Sunday tomorrow sometime, so I'll throw those on here soon.

NoDak in 17 days!!!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

I thought of you tonight when CNN showed the craziness in Times Square. People jumping up & down and shouting. Wow. I myself was jumping up & down and shouting, too, but rather quietly since I'm at work tonight and many of my co-workers don't share my political views. And the IAFF endorsed Obama/Biden!

You should get one of those cool countdown things from pyzam.com to mark how many days, hours, minutes you have til NoDak. :)