Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm Back!

Well, I'm back in New York again. It was great to be able to visit my family, friends and just familiar places. I got my computer fixed while I was in Fargo, so get ready for... NYC PICTURES!!!

I've taken some good ones but haven't had the opportunity to share until now. Forgive me, there are quite a few that I've been waiting to share!

First, from a little day-trip to Roosevelt Island. Here is a photo of the bridge and the tram that we took to the island. It was basically like a huge ski-lift that carried us across the river. The tram isn't in the shot but you can see the two cables it rides on to the right of the bridge.

We stopped in this little deli/grocery store and there was this super-friendly cat there. I took a pic of him because he was so nice.
Next, from a catering job I worked on Halloween. This party was incredible; the most extravagant party I've ever seen. The venue was an old synagogue that is now an events space. It was all lit with candles and colored lights and dry ice filled the place with a mysterious fog. It was incredible!They had all of the waiters wear these stupid skull shirts, but the face painting was pretty cool. They hired air-brush artists to paint everyone's faces. I kinda thought my first air-brush experience would be with modeling, but oh well.
Now to the park! I visited a traveling art exhibit by Chanel a few weeks ago. The building is completely portable and was designed by famed architect Zaha Hadid. The pieces inside were all based on the iconic Chanel quilted purse. It was really interesting.
Of course, I couldn't not post photos of Central Park in the fall!
My favorite place in the park: Bethesda Fountain
Finally, here's a picture of a fountain down in Chelsea near where I work. I guess they forgot to turn off the water once it started freezing. It looks pretty cool, but I'd assume there is some sort of damage going on here.I had a great trip home, but it's good to be back. I'll be posting more soon!

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing them. I'm so glad you had a good trip home.

Sandy said...

Awesome photos! Especially liked the one of the cat (can you tell I like cats?)...

Glad you had a good time and got your computer fixed, too.

Welcome back!

Jen said...

Hey Nate...sounds like things are going well in nyc. One of my bestest friends lives there she is a follower on my blog.

I love the pic of the leaves you took. And the b&w shot of you is very high fashion. My favorite is your profile pic. When I use to set up trade shows, in the city, we hired models to work the booths. A thought if you ever have a slow week and need cash.

Take care and I will check back in.

Sandy said...

I hope you're busy with lots of work!

I have tagged you in tomorrow's post. I hope you stop by.