Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend Fun

This weekend was really enjoyable. I didn't have to work at all! Friday my roommate (and best friend here in NYC) Reed and I decided to take a little trip down to Staten Island. Why? We had never been there and I wanted to be able to say that I had been to all of New York's boroughs. I had no idea that there was a beach on the island. Had I known this back when it was warm out... well I guess I know now for next summer. Assuming I'm here. At any rate, here are some photos from our adventure.

Taking a photo of Manhattan as we leave on the Staten Island Ferry.The beach we hung out on. That would be the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge in the background.
For some reason (probably because we're both models) we had an impromptu photo shoot. The photos of me all sucked, but I got a lot of good pics of Reed. Like this one:Seriously. He looks great in almost every picture. I looked stupid in nearly every one. It was a lot of fun though. I could see myself being a photographer someday... along with my giant list of future professions. Here's a photo of me being a dork on a beach. Enjoy.
On Saturday night I met up with a girl I used to work with at the HoDo in Fargo. She recently moved to New York and is trying to get a job in a designer showroom. We had dinner on the patio at this nice little Mexican restaurant in the Meat Packing District followed by a couple drinks at some cool bars.

The Mexican place brought watercolors and skulls for us to paint for el Dia de Muerto. There was also a hula hoop contest that I was unarguably the best at. Hands down. Later on our cute waitress gave me her phone number. Ha ha! It was a really cool place. Just look at the decor:
Screams fiesta, huh? (this was taken late at night, it was actually very busy before)

We also went to this nautical themed place called the Rusty Knot that had really good drinks served in Tiki heads. We look like we are having fun, right?
The best part was we talked for hours about Fargo and where we worked. It was really nice to be able to do that since I've been a little homesick lately. I'm sure we'll be hanging out again soon. Well, as soon as I have more money!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! Glad you got to catch up with your friend from home. Bet that did you worlds of good in helping your homesickness. It always amazes me that NYC has any beaches at all--you just don't think "beach" when you think about the Big Apple.

Sandy said...

I loved the pictures. I'm a bit biased... I think you're pretty good looking yourself! I especially liked the last picture because you look so happy. Take care, young Nathan.