Friday, October 10, 2008

Beautiful Skies

I had a casting today for Details magazine. The gentleman said "Wow, you have a very thin waist." To which I said, yes I know I'm pretty thin. He replied with "I work with a lot of models whose waists are too big. It's better to be this way." But obviously not today as he handed me back my book and I left. I'm getting really frustrated that I don't fit into a lot of the clothes out here. I'm not supposed to put on any more weight though, so I'll just have to wait for high-fashion designers to find me. I suck at being patient.

But, for happier discussion, here are some photos I took a couple days ago when I was in the Madison Square Park area in Midtown. The sky was so clear and blue with just a little speckling of clouds.

I was walking down Broadway toward 23rd street to get to Madison Square Park when I looked up and saw this streak across the sky that mimicked the angles of the buildings. It was absolutely perfect and I scrambled to get my camera out before the wind took it out of center.
A close-up shot of the Flatiron building on 23rd street, wedged between 5th ave and Broadway.
Go ahead and tell me the sky isn't amazing in this photo. On the left is the old MetLife south tower which was the tallest building in the world from 1909 until 1913 when it was trumped by the Woolworth building. On the right is this awesome new building that's being constructed. The proportions are so interesting to me. It stands in the footprint of an average sized building but stretches up really high. Tall & thin... like me. I suppose that's why I'm so fond of it.
Finally, I blogged about my trip to Ikea a few days ago. Here are the results! I hung the $3(!) curtains on the new curtain rod and hung up the paper lantern I picked up. The bed was lofted when I got here, but I took the loft down since I wasn't using any of that extra floor space and, frankly, it felt like I was living in a dorm room. It feels more like a grown-up bedroom now.
p.s. Happy birthday DAD!!!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

We have a building shaped like the Flatiron Building in downtown Detroit. I love the shape!

I'm thinking you won't gain weight in NY because you have to walk just about everywhere! LOL

The photos are so nice. I like the first one for the same reason you do!

Jayne said...

I love the Flatiron Building. That streak across the sky is perfect. So lucky that you got a photo of it.

Anonymous said...

Fascinating architectural shots. Did you notice how the cornice of the Flatiron Building in the second one looks like a grommet fitted into the sky, with the shaft of the building diving into it?

Or is that just my weird depth perception?