Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another Good Day! (Apartment Mgt. Still Sucks Though)

Well, I still don't have hot water or gas here at the apartment. I'm eating a lot of toast. This morning I went to the gym early so I could get in a good workout and take a shower in their hot water. I still had to come home and shave with icy cold water. Yeah, that doesn't work out so well.

After I got myself all ready for the day I hopped on the train and paid a visit to my agency in Chelsea. I like to stop in at least once a week just to see how things are going and today they were going pretty well. We had a quick discussion about traveling and now it sounds like Greece might be in my future. Apparently it's really easy to get in magazines there because I've heard from many sources that it's a good place to get some tears for your book. (Tears are pages from magazines you are in. Like they've been torn out to put in your book, see?) ...speaking of magazines, they pulled out the latest issue of DNR magazine at the agency and showed me that I had a photo featured again! I was in the magazine back in June for another job I worked, but it was cool to see myself there again. It's fun to be able to walk into a magazine shop and turn to a page and find yourself! The story was a recap of some of the shows from fashion week and they included a picture from the Antonio Azzuolo show I was fortunate enough to participate in. I was too cheap to buy the magazine so I took it into a corner of the shop and took a photo with my camera.

The other thing I did at the agency was ask about my hair. I was thinking I needed a trim because it's been over a month since I've gotten it cut. It was decided for me that I need a new hairstyle entirely. One of agents said it "looks like I've had hair plugs or something," which I believe is not a good look for me. I currently have my hair kind of slicked back, but they want me to get it shorter on the sides and have it hang messier across the front. It sounds like what I'd pick for myself so I'm happy. I get it cut tomorrow and I'll be sure to post before & after photos. I'm a big fan of before and after photos, as evidenced by my other blog, so I'll try to include them whenever possible.

After leaving the agency, I decided to bum around and go shopping/browsing for a while since I didn't have to work today. I was walking past Grace Church in NoHo (from 2 posts ago) and I remembered that Wednesdays they have "Bach at Noon" so I stopped in for a half hour of Bach music on the pipe organ. It was really nice. Here are some photos from the inside of the church.

Here is the front of the nave with the altar and gigantic stained glass window: Here's a shot of the back with the rose window and pipe organ
To get a good shot of the ceiling I had to turn off the flash. Take a look at that groin vaulting! No giggles now, that's the proper term for the vaults.

On the way home I sat in Madison Square Park and did some sudoku next to the reflecting pool. I decided to come back home to take a nap and got back to the apartment just as it started to rain. Perfect timing!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wow! Greece! That's great! I keep looking in the NY Times (on-line) to see if you are in any of the Fashion photos.

I loved the photographs of the church. I love stained glass windows!