Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fargo Floods and Real Estate Adventures

It's been a really busy week for me! I started my job as a real estate agent last Saturday and I've been running around the city all week showing and previewing apartments. I haven't gotten too much sleep and I haven't been to the gym in a week. I need to figure out how I am going to do this job and fit everything in every day. I like the job even though I feel a little over my head still. There's just a lot to learn before I feel confident out in the field. I'm sure it will all fall into place in time.

I feel really helpless with the whole flooding situation in North Dakota. Everyone I've talked to from back at home has been putting in long hours sandbagging. I wish there was some way I could help but geographically that isn't really possible. I wonder if the basement of my old house is dry. It is far enough from the river that it wouldn't be in the flood plain, but I wonder if it would come up from the drain in the floor. I guess it isn't my problem anymore! As far as my family goes, I think everyone should be safe. If any water made it out to their houses it would be a really big disaster for the city because they live quite a few blocks from the river.

...still no magazines to report.

4 comments:

Kathy from NJ said...

Thanks for the update. I find it funny/strange how I've become attached to people I've never met through blogs...

Sandy said...

I was wondering if your family was OK. I'm glad to know that so far they are.

Jayne said...

Just like Sandy and Kathy, I was wondering about your family too when I heard the news. Hope everything's okay with them.

Samantha Smikle said...

glad everything is ok. and yaaaay on the new job, nathan! a new job is always kinda intimidating, you'll be fine, i'm sure of it! when i need an agent i'm coming to you! :)