Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update!

Long time, no blog!

Lets play a little catch-up. First and foremost, I decided to try a new job to suppliment my modeling (or lack there of). I'm going to be a real estate agent! I am halfway through my classes and I am taking the state exam on February 17th. New York is different from most cities, as apartment rentals are leased through brokers. I'll be working with rentals, which allow more flexibility than sales. Who knows, maybe I'll have to go to Europe for a month?!? I got the idea to get my license from my roommate who did this about three weeks ago and he is really enjoying it. He's a model too and, since agents make their own schedules, he can still go to all of his castings. He also makes quite a bit more money than I do now, so that's a plus! I'm excited to do something a little more challenging than folding clothes all day. It's going to be a good change.

Fashion week is just around the corner and I'm starting to get into the flow of things. I just got home from four castings today, and we're still a week away from the shows. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a job or two. We'll see, but I've had a pretty good response so far.

The gym has been working out extremely well. I actually look forward to working out now. I started going to the group classes; pilates, yoga, spin, etc. I've lost the last couple pounds that I needed to get rid of and I'm starting to get the muscle definition that I want. Most importantly for me, I've been running a lot lately. A LOT! 20 miles in the last week! I am 98% sure that I want to run the Fargo marathon on May 9th. I have been planning on running a marathon for the last two years, but I never got around to training for it. This is going to be the year I finally do!

Lastly, my computer is nonfuctional... again... so I need to take it in to get fixed. This would explain the general lack of postings lately. I'm working from the roomie's computer right now. I can't wait to get my computer back so I can upload some pictures. It's about time I share some more!

Ok, that's all for now. Hopefully I'll be writing back soon about some crazy fashion week job!

3 comments:

Jayne said...

YAY!! It's good to read a post from you and to hear that things are going so well for you. There will always be a job for rental brokers in NYC, I would think!

Sandy said...

Hurray! You're back! Wow! You have been busy. Hope you make lots of money at both careers!

Ranty said...

Sweet, we can send each other referrals! *wink*

Glad you're having fun... and I can't wait to see some more photos.