Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh Poor Neglected Blog.

My apologies. I've neglected you, my poor little blog.

I just returned back to New York about two hours ago after a week's vacation in North Dakota. My brother graduated from high school a week ago Sunday, prompting my return home. It really was quite the extraordinary week! Saturday night I met up with friends from Wahpeton. Sunday was the graduation (congrats Nolan!), so I saw the whole extended family. Monday (Memorial Day) morning was great because Dad took my Nolan and I golfing. I have to say, for not even touching a club for a year and a half, I didn't do too badly! I still slipped into last place, but I didn't embarrass myself or anything! Tuesday and Wednesday were spent in Fargo with college friends. Wednesday I got a haircut at my favorite, Salon Why, in Fargo. Thursday some of my fraternity brothers and I went to my pledge-classmate Matt's lake and had fun out on the pontoon all day. Friday was pretty low-key. Saturday night a whole bunch of my friends got together for a bonfire up in Fargo which became a hilarious night to say the least. Sunday was church and a visit to my grandparents in Moorhead, MN. Dad and I squeezed another 9 holes of golf in there too! aaaand Monday I flew back to New York.

Somehow that very breif account of my trip sounded really overwhelming. It was a great time though.

Real estate is going really well. I've closed four deals so far, allowing me to actually support myself and pay all of my bills myself for the first time since I moved here. I have to say it feels pretty good!

Now I just need to get back into the swing of things. Especially getting back to the gym and back following a healthy diet. It's amazing what kinds of foods I revert back to when I'm home. There was a lot of fried food and sweets happening in ND... I need to get back in shape ASAP!!!

I'm going to go to bed now so I can get up for work in the morning. My own bed again! Yes!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

That does sound like a busy week! Glad you got to go home and have so much fun, and I'm happy that real estate is working out for you.

Sandy said...

Congratulations to your brother on his graduation! Glad you got to have a week of fun, family and golf.